Monday, July 27, 2015

Channeling my inner-Santana at Lailat Al Raqs.

Official Poster












































Lailat Al Raqs was a phenomenal cultural arts show of incredible international acts. Particularly Eastern dance acts (belly dancing was a central theme) as well as fashion, music and other bejeweled bedazzlements! Fantastic! All organised by dance and artistic guru Majenta Dancer.


If all this wasn't thrilling enough (it was!), I was asked to play too, and it was all at the historic and beautiful Lyceum Theatre

I approached the gig pretty nervously as I was basically going along to jam and improvise my performance with musician's I'd never even met before. Thankfully the guys from SlapKa Doum Tek were great players and made it easy for me. Steve from the band, played Flamenco guitar and I found my self channeling my inner Santana as this kind of sound seemed to suit. 
Great fun!
A mini mock up of The Lyceum.
A proper (though pokey) dressing room
at this historic venue.



Now I'm just being silly.
Selfie-silly.

No comments: