Monday, July 22, 2013

July 18th - Tiki Black's album launch (support at The Blue Cat Cafe, Stockport).

Regular readers may know that I shared a stage with Tiki recently. I was delighted that following this gig Tiki, as I've said before a true talent if ever there was one, asked me to support her at her album launch event for her incredible debut album "Out of the Black".
This was at the Blue Cat Cafe which I was delighted to say have a "no covers" policy, such is their commitment to the fostering of new music. Opening the show was the fantastic Darien Crossley all the way from Asheville, North Carolina. Sweet (and just occasionally bitter!) songs, beautifully sung and played. I must say during Darien's mine and Tiki's performances, that again the audience were really wonderful, hanging on to every note played or sung, you could hear a pin drop in the quiet moments and with great applause at the end of each song.

Tiki was of course, absolutely sensational again. I urge you to buy her album, you won't be dissapointed! I'm just sorry I had to go before the end to leave for the train.

Links to both these superb artists; 



Another day, another gig, another train.

Stockport near Heaton Chapel.

The rather bloody marvellous Blue Cat Cafe.

The sensational Tiki black (sorry for the poor photo quality Tiki).



Thanks to Paul Fogarty for uploading this live video of "Beachcombing".

No comments: