Sunday, October 28, 2012

Levenshulme Festival & a chance to wander.

Photo by Tony Gribbon (copyright tonygribbon.co.uk)
Yes it was VERY cold!
I'm a confirmed country bumpkin but oddly this gives me a child-like glee and excitement when I hit the bright lights of the big city, gasping in awe at every turn at the hustle, colour (i.e. not just greens and browns), the fact that you can buy more than just milk and sugar in the shops and the immense socio-cultural diversity it brings together. This being an afternoon gig, I had the chance to go for a wander, albeit in the exceptionally cold, sleepless, a little hungover and increasingly feverish state I found myself in (so I didn't get far!). Levenshulme turned out to be an delightfully friendly place by the way by the way. Lovely.  I also got to see some great acts including Zacc Rogers and Tracey Browne.
A Gorgeously sunny day but the 1st really cold snap of the winter.
Some very cool busking, 50 meters behind me, others joined in on djembes.



No comments: